CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Crap 101

Once again it was a nice day outside and I was busy raking up my football field when Kart decided to grab his shovel and help..what a sweet boy! It wasn't long after he started to help me out when he randomly asked (without skipping a beat on the shoveling nor even raising his little head to look at me)"mom, whats crap made out of again?" as seriouse and normal as though we've had this conversation before... This was one of those moments where i needed that infamouse manual for raising children and answering difficult questions... i was trying not to laugh becuase he was certainly being seriouse and i was a little taken back. I was sure i swear enough for him to know that "crap" is probably not what he was refering too but it was nice to know he had no idea that i used it in a different way around our house! (bad mom, i know) So i asked him "I am not sure what you mean, what do you want to know?" and his responce was patient but as as laid back as could be, "you know crap mom...what's it made out of?" Still a little baffled and not sure if he was REALLY asking about bodily secreations or not i asked again "can you give me an example of what your talking about? I am sorry but i am not sure what crap it is your asking about.." a little irritated but still very seriouse he followed with "that stuff outside on the grass that Kirstin (his babysitter)put in her salt bucket and dumped out on her kitchen table for us to look at" At this point i couldnt contain it...i busted out with a full blown laugh as i asked one more time "Kart! What in the world are you talking about?? Kirstin put CRAP in a bucket and dumped it on the kitchen table????? " and sure enough...i had done it! He was not the least bit happy with my laughter! He dropped his shovel and looked at me very sternly with his hands out and palms up and said very a-matter-of-factly...."YES MOM! CRAP! IT WAS CRAP! YOU KNOW CRAP??" and i got a bit testy for the attitude and and answered with a simple "yes". I was fully ready to describe to my son at this point EXACTLY what "CRAP" was and how little boys turn into it for talking to their mother the way he just did to his when he asked one more time "SO WHATS IT MADE OF?????!!!! I KNOW ITS NOT SNOW AND ITS NOT RAIN!!" THAN...the light turned on and i asked..."are you talking about HAIL??" "ya, thats it! whats it made of again?" :) Where he got "CRAP" from i will never know...but its certainly one for the books!! :)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yeah, it was hail. I think the connection is that hail kinda sounds like hell and crap is a substitute word for sh... I think like a kid a bit too much. Karter has to be one of the funnier kids here, I love talking to him.

Sam and Ash said...

Tiff - you should write books, you are so good at narrating things, I love it! :>